MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It's the last Full Moon of 2015 and it happens to fall on Christmas Day. How beautiful, sweet and powerful. The last Christmas Full Moon was in 1977 and it won't happen again until 2034. For me, Full Moons means to let go and release whatever that doesn't serve me any more in order to deeply heal myself. Each time I deeply heal myself, my life seems to move forward in a more smooth, calm and balanced direction. What better way to dive deep into 2016?
I typically like to celebrate Full Moons is by conducting a letter burning ceremony and I truly believe that we can rewrite our past traumas in order to have a better outcome for all of us. This way we can forgive ourselves and each other on a deeper, spiritual level.
Why do we need to release? Energy flows where it needs to go. In order to allow a new idea, goal or intention to come into fruition, one must clear the space for it. It means digging into your past and doing some work on yourself. For example, I have been working on self-love and self-care this month. My New Moon intention on December 11th was to stop being a victim and placing blame on other people and situations. Instead I must acknowledge and own up to who I really am by being tender, loving, compassionate and forgiving.
So my question is where did this "victim" energy first originate? Was it when I was physically pushed around by bullies at the playground when I was 8 years old? Was it when the popular girls made fun of my glasses when I was ten? Was it when i was in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship when I was 19? Who knows but I know in my heart that I must release these instances and replace them with loving energy.
This is when letter burning comes in handy and down below, I have listed steps on how I will do this. If you feel called to it, I invite you to use the steps. Since you will be burning a letter during this process, please make sure to do this in a safe environment (for example, by a fireplace, a grill, outside on the concrete street).
FULL MOON CHRISTMAS RITUAL
1. On the night of the Full Moon, go to your sacred space and prepare it with crystals, candles, statues, smudging, etc.
2. Have loose sheets of paper close by with a pen.
3. Get comfortable and sit indian-style on the floor or on a chair with both feet on the ground. Close your eyes and deeply breathe in and out. Place your hands in prayer position with thumbs touching your heart as you breathe comfortably. The face should slightly be tilted down towards your hands.
4. Call in your Angels and Spirit guides.
"Dear God, Universe, Archangels, Ascended Masters, Spirit Guides, I thank you for being with me today as I work on myself. Thank you for allowing me to know that I am sacred and now it is time to release anything that doesn't serve me for my highest good. I ask you, God, as I meditate please allow me to know what I need to release to the Full Moon tonight. What do I need to release tonight? "
5. Put your palms gently on your knees either facing up or down. Meditate for 5 - 10 minutes (or even longer if you please). Visualize the Full Moon's white light shining down upon you and grounding you into the Earth's core. Feel the support of the Full Moon and Earth. Feel how connected you are.
During meditation, notice what comes up for you. What messages are the Angels or Spirits telling you? What do you need to release? What do you need to let go of?
6. After your meditation is over, write on your piece of paper what you need to release. Let the ideas flow and don't think too hard about it. Let the pen do the work for you. Doreen Virtue says that the pen is an instrument that God flows through. Beautiful.
7. Once your letter is finished, look over it and notice what specifically came up. Reflect. Think about how you might want to give it a different ending. Instead of ending it with fear and shame, why not end it with love, hugs and forgiveness?
8. Then go to your fireplace, your grill, on the street, back patio...etc. where you can burn your letter in a safe manner. As you flick your lighter or match, make an intention to forgive yourself and others for this past traumatic experience. It no longer serves you and you are willing to let go of it. You are excited to rewrite chapter of your life and move forward on to the next!
Burn the letter and see it disintegrate into the air. Feel the stagnant energy flow out of your body. Yes, finally! Release! Imagine that different ending!
Thank God, the Universe, Angels, Spirit Guides & Ascended Masters for being present. Thank them for the new ending you have rewritten and allowing you to move on by releasing the past!
Thank the Full Moon for it's beautiful white glowing energy and for being able to release to it. Feel your heart hugging the heart of the Moon.
Most importantly, thank yourself and acknowledge your sacredness, your beauty, your patience and love.
And I thank you, readers, for working on yourself. Know that we are in it together. We are all one.
Many blessings and Merry Christmas.